Bowie’s homemade pumpkin ice cream is prepped in JUST 15 minutes AND you don’t need an ice cream maker to make it! It can also be shared between the hoomans and doggos!
1 can (400ml) Full fat coconut milk (refrigerated)
1 cup Cooked and pureed pumpkin
2 tbsp Raw/Natural honey
1 tsp Grated fresh ginger
1 tsp Chia seeds
1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon myrtle (you can substitute it with Cinnamon if you’d like)
We use Barbushco organic ground cinnamon myrtle. Cinnamon myrtle is an Australian native plant which has been used as a natural remedy for colic, dyspepsia,heartburn and other digestive problems. It has a flavour like a cross between Nutmeg and Cinnamon.
A pinch Himalayan salt
1. In a bowl, combine the pureed pumpkin, honey, grated ginger, chia seeds, cinnamon myrtle and salt and mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, add the coconut milk and beat using a mixer until smooth and whipped.
3. Add the whipped coconut milk to the pumpkin mixture, fold and stir gently until smooth.
4. Pour the mixture into a loaf pan or any kind of freezer-safe container. Place a sheet of baking paper on top of the mixture and smooth it out – this will help prevent ice crystals from forming.
5. Freeze for 4–6 hours or until solid enough to scoop. If it’s frozen, let it defrost a little bit before scooping. Don’t forget to share Bowie’s pumpkin ice cream with the hoomans!