Don’t call it Anzac Day Cookie! It’s a Biscuit and you can now share this 100 year old tradition with your furry best friend with our simple and healthy recipe.
2 cups Rolled oats
1/2 cup Desiccated coconut
1 tsp Ground ceylon cinnamon
2 medium (230g) Pink lady apples or any other sweet apples (cored and roughly chopped)
1/2 (50g) Banana (roughy chopped)
3 tbsp Honey
1. Preheat the oven to 175C. Line a flat baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a blender, blend the chopped apples, banana and honey. Add a little bit of water or milk if needed to make it easy to blend.
3. In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Make a well in the centre and pour the apple, banana and honey smoothie. Mix well.
5. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on the baking tray. Press down on the tops to flatten slightly.
6. Bake for 10 minutes and check. I like to flip the biscuits at this stage. Bake for another 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on the baking rack. Personally I like the biscuits to be slightly chewy but if you prefer them to be on the crunchy side, bake in a lower temperature for longer.
7. Once cool, you can decorate the biscuits. I mix coconut yoghurt with beetroot powder to get the red poppy colour. Make a poppy shaped flower, sprinkle some black sesame seeds in the centre and voila! Enjoy!