A classic Christmas drink can now be enjoyed by our pups!
10g Gelatin powder
½ cup Water
1 tbsp Honey
½ tsp Supergreens powder* (optional)
*We use Melrose Organic Essential Greens which has organic wheatgrass, barley grass, chlorella and spirulina powder.
1. In a bowl, add the gelatin powder and 1/4 cup of water. Whip with an electric mixer until foamy. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan, heat honey in 1/4 cup of water on medium–high heat for a few minutes. Stir occasionally.
3. Gently add the honey mixture into the gelatin mixture whilst whipping on slow speed. Increase the speed to high and continue whipping for another 10–15 minutes or until the mixture nearly triples in size and becomes white and fluffy. Take your time and be patient. This step is important to make the marshmallows fluffy.
4. Add the supergreens powder (save a little bit for dusting) and whip on low speed until mixed.
5. Pour mixture into a baking paper lined tin. Smoothen the top and refrigerate uncovered overnight.
6. Once set, use a warm knife to slice into squares.
7. Dust the top of marshmallows with the remaining supergreens powder. Serve with Bowie’s Fresh Mint Cocoa.
Fresh Mint Cocoa Ingredients
½ cup Raw goat’s milk (or you can substitute with cow’s milk/coconut milk/lactose free pet milk)
½ tsp Carob powder
Fresh mint leaves or a sprinkle of dried mint leaves
Your dog’s favourite topper (optional)
Add all ingredients into a glass container. Seal and shake for a few minutes. You can also use a milk frother wand to mix if you have one. Serve with Bowie’s Marshmallows.