No Fry. No Flour. Quick and Easy Dog Friendly Samosa. Guaranteed your dog will love our recipe! This recipe can also be shared with the humans, so no one will miss out. Please note that this should not substitute your dog’s regular diet. Always introduce new food slowly in small quantity and monitor. All treats should be given in moderation. If you are unsure with the ingredients, please consult your vet or pet nutritionist.
– Bowie’s Lamb Samosa –
Bowie’s Samosa uses spinach and purple cabbage. You can always substitute them with your dog’s favourite vegetables. We use a blend of Mozzarella, Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, but you can just use Cheddar or Parmesan Cheese. Hard, aged cheeses like Swiss, Parmesan and Cheddar are low in lactose.
This recipe makes 4 regular size samosas
Spinach Samosa Ingredients
1/3 cup Roughly Chopped Baby Spinach Leaves
1/3 cup Shredded Cheese*
Purple Cabbage Samosa Ingredients
1/3 cup Pulsed Purple Cabbage
1/3 cup Shredded Cheese*
1/2 cup Lamb Mince
You can have the mince pre-cooked or raw. We use ZIWI® Peak Wet Tripe & Lamb Recipe for Dogs.
* We have equal ratio of cheese to vegetable as we find that the mixture works better to fold. However if you are concerned with the amount of cheese, you can always reduce it.
1. Preheat the oven to 175C (fan-forced).
2. Line the oven tray with baking paper.
3. Mix each vegetable and cheese well.
4. Place 1/3 cup of the mixture on the tray. Spread evenly to make a triangle shape. Make sure there is no hole.
5. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes or until the edges are brown.
6. Remove from the oven and let it cool for a minute.
7. Place the lamb filling in the centre. See step-by-step images below on how to fold the samosa. There are different samosa folding techniques out there, but we find this is the easiest and uses the least wrapper. Make sure the filling is placed snugly and evenly. You may need to push and move the filling around the fold with spoon.
8. Pat down the oil on the samosa with paper towel and let it cool for 5 minutes or until it holds its shape.
9. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
There you go! Now you have a no fry, no flour dog-friendly samosa. It’s super easy to make and perfect for your dog’s special treats.
Serve samosas with dog-friendly mango lassi or our famous BBQ sauce, which you can get the recipe from Bowie Drools Over Dumplings Recipe Book.
We’ve set up a page at BuyMeaCoffee.com
If you like what I create, you can now buy Bowie a treat (or two) and support a good cause too! Every treat (aka $$) will go to a dog rescue/charity/organisation. Much love, Riesa & Bowie xx