5 Ingredients. No Bake. No Eggs. Dairy Free. Gluten Free*.
With Australia Day coming up, I decided to create a dog-friendly, Aussie classic and beloved cake – The Lamington. Named after the Governor of Queensland, Lord Lamington, this Australian culinary icon is believed to have been created through an accident at work. Lord Lamington’s maid-servant was working at the Government House in Brisbane when she accidentally dropped the Governor’s favourite sponge cake into some melted chocolate. Lord Lamington was not a person of wasteful habits and suggested that it be dipped in coconut to cover the chocolate and avoid messy fingers. Lord Lamington devoured this new taste sensation with great delight and the maid-servant’s error was proclaimed a magnificent success by all!
– Bowie’s Dog Friendly Lamingtons –
Makes 9 – 12 Mini Lamingtons
* All ingredients listed below are naturally gluten-free.
Make sure you read the packaging labels.
All treats should be given in moderation, under responsible supervision.
1/3 cup Natural Peanut Butter*
1/3 cup Coconut Flour
1/2 teaspoon Chia Seeds (Optional)
1/3 cup Carob Buttons
1/2 teaspoon Coconut Oil
Desiccated Coconut to coat
*Make sure it does not contain xylitol. You can substitute peanut butter with almond butter.
Add your own toppings
We added our homemade dog-friendly Goji Berry Jam. Goji berries are a great source of antioxidants (Vit A and C), fibre and iron.
1. In a bowl, mix peanut butter, coconut flour and chia seeds well. Divide mixture to three equal parts and roll into logs. Freeze for about 30 minutes or until they’re firm and not sticky.
2. In a small saucepan, melt carob buttons and coconut oil. Set aside.
3. Take out the mixture and cut each log to 3 – 4 equal parts. Coat with the melted carob and desiccated coconut.
4. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks or freeze for a few months. You can keep them at room temperature for a few days if it’s not too warm.
Don’t miss out! Get new recipes, dog enrichment ideas, discount codes, helpful tips and many more! Subscribe below.