Who doesn’t love a meat pie? Now you can make one as well for your dog using our dog-friendly and healthy recipe!
Bowie’s Meat Pie Recipe
Makes 2 pies using a 12cm diametre pie dish.
Please portion according to your dog’s weight and dietary needs. Always introduce new foods slowly and monitor. If you’re unsure with the ingredients, consult with your vet/pet nutritionist.
1 cup of ancient grains oats (which has a mix of oats, puffed millet, rye and quinoa)
1/2 cup of cooked and mashed pumpkin
50g of tinned salmon (in springwater)
200g of your choice of meat mince
40g of your choice of veggies (chopped) – we love adding carrot, peas and/or baby spinach
1/3 cup of bone broth (optional)
1/2 tbsp of fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C (fan-forced).
- Cook the pie filling on a frying pan and set aside.
- To make the pie base, mix all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Press pie base mixture into the base and sides of the pie dish. I like to pre-cook the base in the oven for a few minutes before adding the filling in.
- Add the meat filling in.
- For an open pie, seal the edges around the filling with the pie base mixture. For a closed pie version, press the pie base mixture on top of the filling and seal the edges as well. You can use a fork to press the edges of the pie to create a pattern.
- Bake pie in the oven for 8–10 minutes or until the top turns golden brown. The open pie version will take shorter amount to cook especially if you pre-cook the base first.
- Let cool before serving it to your pup.
- You can add a dollop of cottage cheese or goat’s cheese, or your dog’s favourite treat.
Follow us on Instagram for more recipes and infographics.